I taught my last cell bio lecture tonight. While I enjoyed teaching the 4 classes, it is good to be done. It was WAY more time consuming than I had originally thought it would be. That's one lesson well learned: it takes a lot of time to prep for lecture. Deciding what to cover, how much detail to go into, how much background is necessary and just how many powerpoint slides do I need to lecture for 3 hours?! is not easy
While it kept me really busy the last 2 weeks, I found it to be a really good experience. I still enjoy teaching, and I have a lot more respect for my profs now, but will not take lightly the idea of teaching 3-4 new classes as a new prof at a liberal arts college (if that is what I decide to do).
I still need to put some review handouts and study questions together for the students, as half of their final exam will be over my material. Oh and I have to write my half of the final exam as well. That will be another challenge, but I'll have a few weeks to think about it, so for now I'm going to go to bed!
'Night!
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment