Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Final Score: Kat: 0 Cloning: 85

It's official, cloning hell has prevailed. 85 days of cloning and absolutely nothing to show for it. Except maybe the bill for the hundreds of minipreps, transformations and restriction digests I did. I'm done. I'm not digesting another vector, I give up. The paper can be written without the stupid dsRNA constructs. For the last 3 months I've given up almost every weekend to this stupid cloning project. And when I wasn't slaving away in lab I was worrying about it...lost sleep, f*cked up results and endless minipreps. It has sucked away my will to do science. Postdoc? I think not. I'm never cloning again. Ever.

3 comments:

Jemnifer said...

that's about how I feel after 4 years of "fishing" projects that go nowhere. Teaching is looking better and better.

Bjetsey said...

ugh! I'm glad you don't have to keep going until you get a successful cloning!

This Monday Morning said...

It's free to join the club, but we require regular attendance of monthly meetings.