Captain Hendrix

On Sunday morning Chris and I drove over to the Stockton Delta to join some old friends for a lunchtime cruise on the delta. It was a gorgeous day in the valley - warm, but not unbearably hot with a little breeze off the water. Mr. Hendrix, my chemistry & physics teacher from high school, is currently restoring a 1928 cabin cruiser and invited us for the afternoon. It's a 47ft boat so there was plenty of room for Chris and I, my best friend from high school, Stefani and our math teacher Mr. Prescott. The boat really is a beautiful classic with tons of potential. Mr. Hendrix is close to retirement and I have a feeling this boat is going to be his new job once he is done teaching. His goal is to get it sea-worthy and take it for a trip to Catalina and back (about 3 weeks roundtrip).
We had a great time out on the water. The Stockton Delta isn't much to look at, in my opinion, but it was still nice to be out on a boat. It was very relaxing. We just sat back, talked about how things used to be and caught up on everyone's lives as we watched a strange mix of high class waterfront properties and rundown shanties pass by.
The Definition of Irony

Mr. Prescott & Son

Stefani & I


1 comment:
Cool Pictures! hee hee! I am glad they added to your blog. It's fun to see them with your thoughts.
Stef
Post a Comment