
I know, I know. It's been a long while since my last post. But believe it or not this mommy business can keep you really busy! Especially if you are trying to get out of the house occasionally! Carson are starting to develop a pretty good social schedule down here in Salinas now. We found a really great church not too far from our house. It has been wonderful, it's an instant social network! And because I am just desperate to get out of the house, I've gotten myself pretty involved in weekday activities there.
I am actually on the leadership committee for the MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers) there. It's a really great group. We're a group of about 20 moms that meet twice a month - first and third Tuesdays - and we talk, have speakers come in and talk about relevant issues (like home safety, childcare, parenting skills, relationships, etc) and do some fun crafty things as well. Unlike the sharing times class that I take on Thursdays with Carson which is all about the babies, this is all about the moms! We have childcare for the kids and really enjoy the chance to talk to other moms that are going through or have gone through the same things! It's really great. I've made a lot of new friends and almost as importantly am in the process of developing relationships with potential babysitters!

No comments:
Post a Comment