
My friend Kathy had this great idea - to make Birthday plates for our sons - a plate they can have their birthday cake on every year. Last week we went to Glazes in Carmel and painted plates for Carson and Quinn. It was a great time! We got the plates back yesterday. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Except (yes I am a perfectionist) for the fact that I chose to paint the cake white, without realizing that the white paint wouldn't show up once the plate was glazed and fired. If I had known that, I would have outlined the sides of the cake or painted the cake a different color, but too late now. Chris says it just makes the plate look more artistic. The sides of the cake are implied. Mostly, though I am very happy with my first attempt at ceramic plate design and excited to use it on Carson's 1st birthday!

1 comment:
We have had that tradition in our family for as long as I can remember. We even now have a birthday plate for Alexandre as well.
It's a fun!
Post a Comment