Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pregnancy


Tomorrow I will be 16 weeks along in this pregnancy. That's a really long time to go without posting about it! We didn't tell hardly anyone we were pregnant until I was almost 3 months this time - we've miscarried a couple of times now and just felt that we should keep it quiet until we were a little more confident things were going well. We made the official announcement to family at Christmas - that was pretty cool. This pregnancy has been much like Carson's - I've been really tired, sick and just plain miserable for most of it. I've lost 10 pounds (I lost 7 lbs in the first trimester with Carson)! Who knew all I needed to do to lose weight was to get pregnant? ;o) I'm hoping the "morning" sickness will end soon, but it doesn't show signs of slowing up. Today was the first day in 8 days that I haven't thrown up. It's gotten so bad, that Carson now goes into the bathroom, approaches the toilet and makes coughing sounds. Apparently he now thinks throwing up is normal bathroom behavior. *Sigh*

We are really excited about baby #2. We will find out next month if we are having a boy or a girl. We (actually mostly me) decided to find out this time. I liked the surprise with Carson, but this time I want to be prepared - to know whether to get pink hand-me-downs for the cousins or if I just need to pull Carson's hand-me-downs out of storage. And I just want to know.

New baby, nicknamed "Snap" for now (you may remember that Carson's nickname was Button) is due to arrive on or around July 4th. I've decided to try to have a VBAC (Vaginal delivery after C-section) and am a really good candidate since my first C-section was due to Carson being breech (not because he was too big or that I was too small). Unfortunately, there isn't a hospital in Monterey county that allows VBACs, so we're commuting to Santa Cruz for the delivery - about 45 minutes away. I really like my new doctor though and am finding everyone there very knowledgeable and supportive.

1 comment:

Jemnifer said...

congratulations! i am so excited for you guys!