Friday, May 08, 2009

Bedtime stories

Can you believe that Carson is going to be 2 years old later this month? It's crazy. Time just flies by. My growing tummy is proof of that. Just 2 months and baby #2 is due to arrive!

I know I'm biased, but Carson is such a cute kid. And he does a ton of cute kid stuff. Lately, there's been a lot of bedtime cuteness. He's pretty good about going to bed both at night and for his nap. He's got a good bedtime routine of brushing his teeth, putting on PJs, reading 2-3 books, putting together a puzzle and then crawling into bed with his blankie. We turn on his music CD that plays for 30 minutes and most nights (knock on wood) he's asleep by the time the CD finishes playing. Not always, but most of the time.

He recently figured out how to turn on the light in his bedroom which has added a new bit of fun to his bedtime routine. I guess it was about 2 weeks ago that I came home from teaching, just after Chris had put Carson down to bed. I checked the video monitor (best $100 we ever spent)and discovered that Carson's light was on and that he wasn't in bed. I started to head down the hall to turn it off, but then decided to wait. In the corner of the video monitor I could see Carson's little feet dangling from the rocking chair. He was rocking back and forth with his blankie. After a few minutes, the light turned off and I saw Carson crawl into bed and lie down. Before long he was fast asleep. I've caught him doing this same ritual several times now. Each time turning on the light, rocking in the rocking chair for several minutes, then turning off the light again (amazing!) and crawling into bed and going to sleep. So cute, right?

If you haven't lately, you should check out Carson's blog. Even though I haven't kept up with blogging on my own site, I've been trying hard to post videos and pictures of Carson regularly. I just posted a new video of him riding his bike earlier today.

No comments: