Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Final Grading Just About Done!

Every semester I sign to grade exams for some extra cash. This isn't too bad for the midterms, where they give you a week to grade your part. But I question my sanity come final time. When they double your workload and ask you to finish it in just 2 days. I've graded my 2 pages of the 12 page exam for 400 students. It took awhile. They were genetic problems that required complicated answers in the form of an essay. Most of the students didn't get it and applied the "shotgun" method of answering. They wrote down anything thing they could remember about the subject. So I had to weed through all their BS and try to figure out if they put anything in there that actually addressed the question. It sucked. But I'm done with that part. Now I just have to go to the grader mtg this afternoon to reassemble the exams, add scores and record the grades.

No comments: