Sunday, April 30, 2006

Eventful weekend

Not to be outdone by Galileo - Helix finds a box that's his size.

Chris' graduation party was great! We got to visit with a lot friends we haven't seen much during this busy semester. It was a really fun time.

Here is a picture of Lisa at the party modeling the Griffindor scarf I knitted for her. You can't see it, but there are tassles at the ends. I think it turned out really well. And I learned several new tricks, like how to graft the ends of the circle together and make tassles.

And then on Sunday we left the mess of the party (to clean up another day) and went out and enjoyed the sunshine!! We headed for Table Mountain (north of Marysville) for a hike. It was perfect!! There were wildflowers everywhere for Chris to photograph, several beautiful creeks for Lichen and I to explore and the best part - we drove to the top of Table Mtn and then hiked along the flat top (hence the name) for several hours without having to climb many hills. The hike was just what I wanted - a nice walk with pretty things to look at, without having to work too hard. Be sure to check out Chris' wildflower pictures from the trip once he gets them up.

No comments: