Nikolai & His Poster

Just thought I'd give you guys a quick update. I'm still in Houston at the fly mtg -I gave my talk last night. It went really well. I mean, I was super-nervous, it took me several hours to come down from the adrenaline high, but overall it was fine. I was bit shaky at first and my lab mates said I talked a little faster than I did during my lab practice talk, but that I did fine. I got 5 or 6 questions which I fielded pretty well. That's probably the thing I'm proudest of, I was really scared of the questions. The audience asked good questions too, but nothing I hadn't thought of myself. Steve (my PI) said I did a great job and that made me feel good, he also said several people have approached him about my talk and were both impressed and interested in my work. :o)
I got to hang out with a friend from college that lives in Houston now after the talk. We went out for Mexican food and enjoyed good food and good drinks while we caught up. It was a good time.
I'm scheduled for a massage this afternoon. I think I've earned it!! I have been so stressed out - last night was the first night in weeks that I have slept soundly.
I return home tomorrow for a few days before I head out again for my second meeting in SLC.

1 comment:
Congratulations! I'm glad to hear it went so well! Have fun at the rest of the meeting!
Post a Comment