Friday night over dinner Chris and I were discussing how to spend our weekend. We didn't have any set plans with friends and there was nothing extremely pressing that needed to get done around the house...and thinking aloud I said "wouldn't it be nice to just get away this weekend?" The next morning we were on our way to a B&B in Calistoga. Soon, spontaneous romantic weekend getaways will become very difficult, and I'm really glad we took off this weekend.
We took our time driving up to Calistoga, Chris did a little wine tasting and we stopped at some little shops along the way. But the highlight was the spa. Chris treated me to a manicure and pedicure that afternoon and just before dinner we had an hour long side-by-side couples massage. It was just what my lower back and swollen ankles needed! I felt like a new person!
After an excellent steak dinner followed by a slice of triple chocolate cake (YUMMM!) we retreated back to our room and had a long soak in the ENORMOUS jacuzzi bathtub in our room. I can't remember when I've had a more relaxing and wonderful time.
The only problem with weekend getaways is that Sunday always comes too soon. I enjoyed our little escape immensely and was a little sad as we drove across the white covered bridge out of the B&B and onto the highway towards home. But it was such a nice weekend and so wonderful to get to share the experience with the person I love more than anything.
Monday, March 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment