Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Gang colors....REALLY?

Carson and I went to the park today. There were actually quite a few people at the park today - summer vacation and a sunny day (the two don't necessary coincide here in Salinas)- I guess. While Carson was busy playing with his bucket and shovel in the sand one of the other moms and I got to talking. She asked me if I was worried about dressing Carson in gang colors. Carson was wearing a red polo-style shirt. I said not really, he's 14 months old and wearing a red shirt - a pretty common color I pointed out and that I didn't think anyone would mistake him for being in a gang. She agreed, but said she made a point of not dressing her children in gang colors.

Someday, I want to live in a place where I don't have to worry about whether or not my son is wearing gang colors.

4 comments:

This Monday Morning said...

??????????????????????

Momma S said...

you were in church sunday, right? this is babylon, my friend. wow.

Becca said...

Oh Geez really! Seriously I never even thought of that I think you met up with the wrong person at the park!

This Monday Morning said...

I also think that where you live is great, and it shouldn't be disrupted by a crazy person.