Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Falling Apart
I feel old. Today I got diagnosed with tendonitis in my left shoulder. Presumably from swimming (I told you butterfly wasn't good for me), probably aggravated by an increase in computer work for my presentation last weekend (laptops aren't ergonomically designed). Ice, anti-inflammatories (which are doing more horrible things to my already troubled stomach), and no swimming were all on the doctor's list of things to do (or not do) to fix my shoulder. Sorry llamaduck, looks like I won't be seeing you in swim class for a few more weeks. I have an appt with a Sports Medicine doc on Monday to see if further tests/physical therapy are needed. Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck and more yuck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
:( I'm so sorry! injuries are bad, especially multi-use ones like that. good luck!
I just got back from seeing the sports medicine doc. He says I have glenohumeral instability (GH) and parascapular impingement. I think this means that my shoulder joint isn't working right (Basically, there is movement in my shoulder joint where there shouldn't be, resulting in inflammation inside the joint.) and the muscles around it (making up the rotator cuff) are compensensating, but are actually making things worse rather than better. The good news is he doensn't think anything is torn or permanently damaged.
I've already had one physical therapy appt, complete with IFC + ice (interferential current) to help stimilate the muscles in my shoulder. I go back for another IFC treatment on Friday and see the physical therapist next Tuesday.
Hopefully, I'll be back swimming in a few weeks.
well, I'm glad that it's getting treated. I hope you heal fast.
Post a Comment