I leave tomorrow for S. Cal to visit with my new nephew. Who is running late, by the way. My sister had her weekly appointment with her doctor, who is worried the baby is getting a little too big (estimated to be 8lbs!). Since Aleczander missed his due date, the doctor is going to hurry things along a bit. Tomorrow he will be born whether he likes it or not. So I moved up my departure time in the morning, in hopes of being able to spend a little more time with the little guy.
When I informed "my" rotation student that I wouldn't be in lab tomorrow morning due to the fact that my sister was being induced, he replied "like with IPTG?"
(For those non-scientists out there, IPTG is a lactose analog that in commonly used to induce protein expression in E.coli, a common practice in many science labs)
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment