Monday, May 22, 2006

Graduations

Bahadir's graduation

I have seen many of my friends graduate in the last week. Last weekend it was Jen (mother of 3!!) graduating from the law school. This weekend I saw my lab-mate Tereza as well as a few others from my class graduate (although most of them will be done at the same time as me - December - they just opted to walk this May rather than next). And yesterday we saw our good friend Bahadir get his MBA. If you look carefully in the picture above you can see Bahadir and Hande modeling the scarf I knitted for him.

I commented to Bahadir and Hande that you have to really care for someone to attend their graduation ceremony. We sat through what seemed like endless calling of names of people we didn't know, just to be there to clap and cheer when our friends walked across the stage. And I was happy to be there, although I was also glad I brought along some knitting to give me something to do - I finished another hat for Aleczander during Baha's graduation ceremony!! But the real joy was seeing how happy everyone was after the ceremony. The graduates of course relieved and yet a little sad to see this journey end, the beaming parents, spouses and siblings and of course the many hugs and congratulations from friends.

It was a happy weekend - full of friends and celebration.

No comments: