Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Summer Birthday

My real birthday is December 15th. I don't like my real birthday. In the past it has almost always landed right in the middle of finals week - which really sucks. And it is always really close to Christmas, which means it's insanely hard to schedule a party (everyone is having Christmas parties and/or studying for finals) and I get the combined "Birthmas" presents. This especially sucks when you are a kid - when number of presents is of extreme importance.

So early on in our relationship Chris came up with the idea of celebrating a summer birthday. Initially we would celebrate my summer birthday on my half birthday - June 15th. But in the last few years, he has just randomly chosen a day that will be my summer birthday. Yesterday was my summer birthday this year. When Chris got home he gave me these beautiful flowers (isn't the vase cool?):



And these cool presents, which included a cute stuffed monkey, a cucumber cantelope candle and a berry scented candle - both of which are very yummy smelling and a VERY DELICIOUS chocolate cake.



He also took me out for dinner to one of our favorite restaurants, Sophia's Cafe on Solano. They have best lamb shawerma and very yummy hummus and pita bread. Then we went home and I got to pick the movie - poor Chris - I had just got Anne of Green Gables (I loved it when I was 10 or so and decided I needed to see it again) in from Netflix. He was a great sport and watched the first episode of the miniseries with me - and don't tell anyone but I think he might have even liked it.

It was a wonderful summer birthday.

No comments: