
I took a few days off from lab and went down to visit my family in S. Cal. I flew down last Wedneday, Chris drove down on Friday and then drove back together on Sunday. It worked pretty well. I got a few extra days to hang out with my dad, Becca and Aleczander. I can't believe how big Aleczander is getting! He is 6 months old now and is almost crawling. He has the army crawl down great (lies on his stomach and pulls/pushes himself along with his elbows and knees, but doesn't get his tummy off the ground yet). It's really cute to watch.
We had some Disneyland passes and so we spent Saturday at Disney's California Adventure. We rode all of the major rides in the morning and then Becca and Aleczander joined us in the afternoon and we went to more family-friendly shows in the afternoon. I bought Aleczander his first set of Mickey ears and we tried on other ears in the Disney store. He is just too cute!!

On the way home we took our time and drove up Hwy 101 instead of taking the boring I-5. The drive is much prettier and has the added benefit of going right through some nice wine country. We stopped at a few wineries in San Luis Obispo County, including Edna Valley. We really like the Syrah they make (available in most grocery stores) and got to taste their reserve Syrah, which is only available at the winery. Yummy!

1 comment:
i love those pictures. what a cute kid.
Post a Comment