
The drive down to S.Cal is shorter now that we live further south. It still took 5.5 hours, but we didn't hit that Friday night traffic getting out of town that we used to when we would leave Berkeley. That made the trip so much better! Carson did pretty well. We only had to stop once to feed him and even though he fussed at being in his carseat for so long, it was hard to blame him. After 4 hours in the car I wanted to get out too!

Lisa and Nemanja's wedding was beautiful! All of their time and effort planning the wedding really paid off - everything went so smoothly and everyone looked so happy. And as if sharing in their special day wasn't enough, we also got to visit with our friends Carla and Michelle who also made the trek to S. Cal for the wedding. Lisa seated us with them at the reception and we had a lot of fun catching up.

It was both wonderful and at the same time really hard to be away from Carson for the first time. This was the first time I had been separated from Carson and the first time Chris and I had been out together since before Carson was born! It was so nice to be able to eat a meal together (we usually eat dinner in shifts now - one person eating while the other entertains Carson) and enjoy adult conversation! We stayed until about 10:30pm and the party was still going strong (they hadn't even served the cake yet!). I was so torn. I wanted to stay, we were having such a great time, but I also knew I needed to get back to Carson.
Carson was apparently a little angel for his grandparents. Everyone commented on how good he was, how much he smiled and enjoyed being held and talked to. This might have been partially due to the fact that his grandparents decided he needed to eat more (typical of grandparents) and added an extra ounce of milk to each of his meals! Thankfully I had pumped more than enough milk for him and he didn't run out! Since he did so well being babysat we took advantage of it one more time and went to see the new Harry Potter movie on Sunday morning before we left. It was so nice to be out as a couple again!

No comments:
Post a Comment