
Slowly we are re-emerging into the world, this time as parents. Since we moved to Gonzales (self proclaimed "Wine capitol of Monterey county") we have wanted to check out some of the wineries near by. But when we first got here I was pregnant, and then Carson was feeding every 1.5-2 hours and we were too tired to make it out. But now that Carson will take a bottle, I can enjoy a little wine and not worry about getting Carson tipsy. So we finally got around to visiting a couple of local wineries this last weekend and did a little wine tasting. Hahn, Parasio and Chalone Vineyards are all within 15 minutes of our house and all had really decent wines. The view from the Parasio vineyard was absolutely gorgeous and their reserve Syrah was excellent. Hahn had a ton of wines (and didn't charge for tastings!)! They had a nice Cabernet Sauvignon for only $12! Chalone Vineyards had non-conventional varietals, some of which I had never had before.
Today we met up with some new friends, Amy, Ryan and their two girls, from church at a 4th of July parade. I can't remember the last time I went to a parade. I suppose we'll be doing more of this kind of thing - the parade was definitely geared toward the kids. There was a ton of candy thrown to the crowds and one of the biggest groups in the parade consisted of kids who had decorated bikes in red, white and blue. It was a gorgeous day and I really enjoyed the adult conversation!

1 comment:
How exciting!
Post a Comment