We did an 8 mile float down the river to the dam at the old Dawt Mill. We had a great time. It was the first time I had ever been canoeing. Amazingly enough we didn't flip! Which is really only important because we had an ice chest on board for the 5 hour float. It was a hot day-about 90 degree out and the cold water (it's a spring fed river) felt shockingly good when we stopped for a swim. Towards the end of the float we came to a rope swing that swung out into the deep part of the river. We all took turns climbing the tree and swinging out into the river. It was a blast! It was scary climbing the slick tree trunk and sitting 10 ft over the river and trying to convince yourself to jump, but once I did, it was so great! I haven't had that much fun in a really long time.
We ended the day by cooking campfire chili and making s'mores. We talked until 2am after which we all crashed. It was a truly wonderful day.
I really miss Ruth and Gary a lot, and it was so easy to be around them this week. It just felt right to be here. I don't know how else to explain it. And Morgan is great. You can probably tell by all of my pictures of her how much we enjoyed playing with her. She's a great kid. It's going to be hard to leave on Saturday morning.
Ruth, Gary and Morgan

No comments:
Post a Comment