We had a little pre-trip stress hit this weekend. We thought we had booked tickets out of San Francisco into Kansas City, but apparently there was some mix-up on Expedia (we searched for San Francisco and didn't notice that they brought up airports other than SFO) and as it turns out we're flying out of San Jose. San Jose is a good 2 hours from Berkeley, parking is expensive and public transportation is a pain. Anyway, it looks like we're going to be able to get a ride to the airport with a neighbor who works about 30 minutes from the airport, but we still don't have anything set up for the return trip. If nothing else there is a way to get back via public transportation: take a shuttle to the San Jose light rail, the light rail to a bus, the bus to the Fremont BART station, the BART to Berkeley and a bus to our apt from there. Not exactly the scenario you'd like with all the luggage we're going to have. Guess we'll figure it out. I'm sure it will work out, it's just an added stress I wish we didn't have to deal with.
I don't know if and when I'll be able to post while we're gone, but definitely check back after June 26th for stories from our trip to Missouri.
Do we REALLY need ALL of this stuff??

I would just like to say that it's not ALL mine. The big black suitcase is filled with gifts. The small brown carry-on is Chris' camera equipment. The white box is wine and champagne. The leaves 2 suitcases and a backpack, and I will admit that the larger red suitcase is filled with primarily my stuff. However, in my defense, I had to bring 6 different pairs of shoes, which is actually 2 less than I wanted to bring!

No comments:
Post a Comment