We had a great time in Missouri, but it's good to be home. Home to my own comfy soft bed and memory foam pillow. I've slept over 10 hours each night since we returned and if it wasn't for the construction near our apt, probably would have slept over 12 hours. I really don't do well without 8 hours of sleep a night. And we were clocking less than 6 hours a night for most of the 10 days we were in Missouri.
I didn't spend much time in lab on Monday, but that doesn't mean I wasn't busy. It's amazing how much stuff there is to do when you get back from a vacation that long. Despite doing most of my laundry at Ruth's before we left, I still came home with 4 loads of laundry needing to be done, grocery shopping to stock an empty fridge, a garden to water and weed, clothes to be taken to the cleaner's and a 30 minute wait to pick up my held mail at the post office! And then there are lesson plans for the cell bio class I'm going to start teaching in July...I'm hoping to get started on those tonight.
As expected, Galileo and Helix weren't very happy with us upon our return. Helix forgave us fairly quickly, but it wasn't until Monday that Galileo decided to allow us the pleasure of petting him again. They both need a bath, but I haven't had the heart to do give them one yet...maybe tonight.
I'm back in lab today trying to ramp up my experiments to full force before the end of the week. It takes a couple of days to get things going again. Although my undergraduate assistants, Nikolai and Katia, have made this transition a litle easier, as I left them with instructions while I was gone to start things that I could pick up as soon as I returned. I was a little scared to return to lab, but all in all things look okay. I still have to look more indepth at what Nikolai and Katia have completed in my absence, but on the surface most things look to be in order (phew!).
I also returned to swimming today after a 2 week absence. It was a little rough, but went ok. I'm tired and am in full snack mode after the hour long swim, but will probably be ready to swim again tomorrow if my schedule allows. I'm motivated to get right back into workout mode. I gained 3 pounds while in Missouri-yucky yucky yucky. I wish I could convince myself that I don't like cake-but in my defence it was chocolate wedding cake! Time to get back on top of things! I just bought new clothes for the trip and I'm determined to stay in them!!!
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment