This weekend we moved the remainder of our belongings to our new place. I just can't believe how much stuff we own. We filled the one car garage of the new house with boxes - no furniture - just boxes! We're working on getting the furniture situated how we wanted and I've started to unpack the kitchen.
We still have to go back to the Villag apt and clean it. I'm not looking forward to that. All the dust and dirt that was hiding underneath furniture and in closets is now spread throughout the entire house. Yucky.
New locations seem to be a theme lately. Mark, a previous graduate student in the lab just left to start his postdoc and left some prime real estate behind - a desk and bench near the only window on my side of the lab. I was next in line seniority wise and made the move today to the new bench with a view. Maybe lab will seem less like a dungeon now that I can see the sky. I also get cell phone reception near the window which is a big plus.
I've taken most of the morning cleaning up Mark's junk. I don't think this bench has been cleaned in over 6 years! And it's amazing what a pack rat he was. I found a number of coveted lab equipment items such as dissecting dishes and whatman dissecting tweezers in large numbers within his drawers. Being the responsible person I am, I of course moved most of these items to the common use area.
We still don't have internet access at home. DSL is schedule to be activated this week though, so hopefully I'll be able to post more pics soon.
Monday, August 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment