
At the urging of my classmate and friend Jennifer I have started to learn how to knit. I think I'm making pretty good progress. The miniature scarf-like thing in the picture above is just for practice. It's kind of cool because I can see my progress - at first there was quite a few mistakes and the stitches were kind of loose, but at the new end they are tighter and more consistent. I've learned the knit stitch and purl stitch so far. I've also tried my hand at some ribbing, although that required a little too much concentration so I went back to just doing alternate rows of knit and purl. I haven't decided what my first project will be - maybe a hat for my nephew. I think I'm going to have to make a trip to the craft store and take a look at some needles and yarn.
I feel little guilty spending my time on this new hobby, while my art desk is still packed away in the garage. But I'm enjoying learning something new and I found last night (while knitting and watching the oscars) that it really helped me to relax. So I'm going to look at it as stress relief with the added benefit of making something.

1 comment:
looking good! i told you you were a fast learner! and you thought i was just trying to be nice!
Post a Comment