Thursday, March 02, 2006

My dog likes kiwi


Today I discovered that Lichen will eat kiwi. And beg for more. We have strange pets. Galileo enjoys steamed asparagas and broccoli, but will pass on chicken. I think it has something to do with the water in Berkeley. It MAKES you vegetarian.

In other news, I cut myself badly enough to go the emergency room and get superglued (a new alternative to stitches) while cutting the fat off a rack of lamb last night. 4 hours in the emergency room and I was all glued up.

We had the rack of lamb tonight with a red wine sauce, as well as green beans sauteed in garlic and roasted potatoes tossed in freshly minced rosemary. Accompanied by a nice Syrah, it was quite good. (The dinner didn't take that long to prepare, less than an hour, although it did require pretty constant attention during the cooking process.)

I posted the new rack of lamb recipe on the sidebar. I've also updated my pdf of "favorite recipes" with the lamb recipe as well as a few others.

1 comment:

Bjetsey said...

oooh, rack of lamb with potatoes, yummm. large cut! ack! so sorry!