Sunday, March 12, 2006
Mocha Tart
I made my first tart yesterday. It was soooooo yummy. We shared it with our good friends Jen & Kyle after dinner at their place last night. It was suprisingly easy to make. Most of the recipes in my "Bittersweet" cookbook by Alice Medrich, although wonderfully chocolatey, end up being quite complicated and take a day or two to make. But this recipe only took a little over an hour. It does require a tart pan with a removable bottom ($10 at Sur la Table on 4th street) that I had to go buy, but I've been wanting a tart pan anyway. I think I will try a fruit tart next. I've added this recipe to my collection of recipes on the sidebar. ENJOY!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You found something for $10 at Sur Le Table? I thought the cheapest thing there was $50!
True, they are expensive, but mostly because they carry higher end stuff. But they were the only place I could think of where I KNEW they would carry a tart pan, and I didn't want to have to drive all over town. And as it turned out, it wasn't that expensive. (If you want to try the tart you can always borrow my pan!)
Post a Comment