Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

No baby yet.

Chris and I had a nice Mother's Day together. After Chris made me a wonderful breakfast (yummy waffles!), we headed over to Carmel with Lichen. We walked along the beach and looked at the ridiculously expensive baby stuff in the fancy stores on Ocean Ave. Then we went to Target and bought two "going home" outfits for the baby - a cute dress if Button is a girl and a pair of khaki overalls with a blue shirt if Button is a boy. We had a nice relaxing dinner at home and watched a movie before heading to bed.


Tomorrow is Button's due date. It's hard to be patient. I know the due date is just an estimated date of arrival, but the closer it gets the more impatient I become. I think we're as ready as we can be - the baby's room is done, the co-sleeper set up, my hospital bag is packed - I'm just trying to keep myself busy enough so that I don't think about going into labor every minute! I'm excited to meet this little person that has been growing inside me for the last 9 months. I'm also anxious to have my body back. I am so big! Getting around is difficult to say the least, my feet are so swollen that none of my shoes fit anymore (I'm wearing flip flops or my tevas most of the time), I'm down to only a couple of maternity outfits that still fit (I just can't bring myself to buy more clothes with so little time left) and I have to pee at least every 30 minutes and sometimes more!

Anyway, just thought I'd give you all an update and all that is NOT happening right now. Hopefully within a couple of days I'll have more to share!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep us posted!

And email me with your phone numbers, I know one of you called me tonight, but the number is posted as private on my mobile so I have no way to call you back. :( I am guessing you have new numbers, because your old ones no longer work.

Email me!! ;D