Sunday, March 13, 2005

Cure for the Grad School Blues

After working all morning Saturday in the lab, only to realize that my experiments weren't working AGAIN, and returning home to my messy apartment where piles of laundry and dirty dishes awaited, I did what any wife in my situation would do. I snapped at my husband and started a fight with the only ally I have. My life in the pressure cooker, also known as graduate school, reached critical "explosion imminent" levels and Chris was the unfortunate victim. Thankfully, he realized why I was so upset and instead of pursuing a long, drawn out argument, he gave me hug. This of course sent me into an explosion of sobs and tears.

When I woke up this morning, I decided to do what any girl that was recovering from an emotional breakdown would do--GO SHOPPING!! So Chris and I took off to the Gilroy outlets and with a little help from Banana Republic, J.Crew and Eddie Bauer, I am ready to try my hand at life again. So tomorrow, in my new jeans and bright yellow shirt, I will make another attempt at my many failing experiments.

No comments: