The good news is that one of the experiments I've been working on, knocking out gene expression by injecting embryos with double stranded RNA, worked today. The bad news is that I didn't get enough embryos injected to really prove the point (actually that's not quite true, I injected plenty, but not enough of them survived the injection!!) and I still need pretty pictures of the mutants so I'm still in lab (it's 9pm) injecting what look like really really really tiny white footballs under the microscope (they're really Drosophila embryos). To make matters worse the flies have slowed down their egg laying for the night and it's making things take even longer.
I got other good news today. I have been awarded the "Outstanding GSI (grad student instructor) Teaching Award." I'm very happy about this, not just because I got recognized for doing a good job teaching, but also because it will look REALLY good on my resume. Especially if I decide to go after a teaching position.
Anywho, time for another diet coke and round of injections....
Thursday, March 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment